So, a group of us decided to rent a boat for a week and go around the Norfork Broads and we have ended up with this! I know right, cool!
After driving around for the past two days we have already learnt a few important tips.
- When mooring (parking for an evening) make sure you do it between 4-5pm otherwise you won’t find a spot.
- If you have a boat higher than seven meters make sure you read the hand book for tide times as you may not fit under certain bridges.
- Listen the the guy teaching you how to tie all the different types of knots, you will need to know them!
- Even if the weather is good take jackets as you will be cold when on top of the boat.
- Open a window in each bedroom at night otherwise condensation will collect on the ceiling and fall on your face while you are sleeping! Trust me this happens.
- Follow the speed limits as there is a £1,000 fine (luckily we haven’t been fined, just something useful to know).
- If your boyfriend is tall like mine make sure you have first dibs on bedrooms as beds aren’t that big.
- Stop and connect your water cable daily as you don’t want to run out of water.
- Make sure someone has a general idea on how to read a map!
Most importantly, make sure you have enough alcohol!